1. Training tasks
Trainees will understand the fundamental theory of analytical technology and master the basic
experimental skills of analysis and detection through this summer training. Students will acquire
knowledge in chemical analysis, management of production technology, monitoring of product
quality, chemical inspection, modern instrument analysis, and they will be able to work in the field
of foreign trade, commodity inspection, environmental protection, chemical industry, food,
medicine, textile, cosmetics, building materials, petroleum and so on.
- To understand the basic principles and operation procedures of quantitative chemical
analysis and instrumental analysis.
- To master the titration principles and steps of quantitative chemical analysis.
- To master the basic principle of instrumental analysis and its common detection methods.
- To master the basic operation of all kinds of titration analysis.
- Be able to operate all kinds of analytical instruments and equipment.
- Be able to process data quickly and accurately, and to judge the analysis results exactly.
2. Teaching content and arrangement
According to the requirements of post and vocational skills, the whole training course is
divided into three modules which contained test preparation, instrumental analysis and chemical
analysis. The three modules revolve around the practical course of analytical chemistry experiment,
which are based on experimental skills training and guided by theoretical knowledge learning.
- Relevant technical standards (national standards, industry standards, local standards,
- The development and improvement of the detection scheme;
- Calibration of titrimetric instruments: burette (weighing method), pipette and volumetric
flask (relative calibration method);
- A testing technique for the optical performance of analytical instruments: the accuracy and
repeatability of the wavelength;
- The analysis and detection of typical product.
Eligibility Criterion & Basic Requirements:
- Diploma in Chemical.
- Sc (B.Sc Chemistry) with strong background of chemical reactions & processes of volumetric, gravimetric and titration method.
(Experienced from industry & entrepreneurs will be preferred)